Head of Finance (Director), Leading Treasury, Funds and Client Services Bank, Kuala Lumpur, Flexible Working Permanent, Competitive Salary + Bonus & Benefits
My client, a World-leading Treasury, Funds and Client Services Bank. Is looking for a Head of Finance to join their team of Directors. This is a great opportunity to join a true leader in its field, building, creating and mentoring your own team.
In this role, you will be leading the Finance functions (financial control, product control, planning, analysis, Tax, Reporting etc.) and representing finance to the local management committee and the Board. You will also be Leading the audit, working alongside the auditors and leading a team of 6+, recruiting, mentoring, coaching and developing a high performing team.
In this role, your duties will be:
• Delivering the full set of Financial Statements, processes and controls for financial accounting and reporting the Bank and its subsidiaries
• Owning the timely, complete and accurate monthly closing and reconciliation processes as per the Bank’s policies.
• Managing the Statutory and Regulatory reporting to the different stakeholders.
• Ensuring processes and standards of documentation are aligned with best practices, and enforce operational discipline through current and well maintained documentation.
• Working closely with the Finance team of offices located in Europe, the global Finance team, Client Operations, GCC, HR, GRM, Legal, and other departments to ensure appropriate and timely recognition of transactions.
• Leading the tax activities and audits of the entity.
• Responding timely (48 hours) to Control functions & External Audit requests, and ensuring all corrective measures are closed fully and timely.
• Leading the AP function.
o Lead the Financial Planning and Analysis function
o As a regulated employee, support and represent Finance to the Local Management Committee and the Board
o Act as an advisor for the Local Management Committee
The ideal candidate will have:
• 15+ years with proven team leadership, communication & Finance experience
• Experience in a range of Finance roles within a Banking capacity, e.g. Financial Control, Product Control, Tax, Financial Planning and Analysis and Accounts Payable. (Buy-side/Funds/Financial Services also acceptable)
• Experience managing teams.
• Strong business acumen and comfortable interacting with senior business leaders.
• Independent and able to deal with demanding business partners (and exert authority and confidence in a relationship-friendly manner) while being unbiased.
• Proven ability to execute individually and indirectly through others.
• Degree and Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) required.
• Familiarity with asset servicing industry (custody, fund accounting, shareholder services/transfer agency, etc) would be an asset;
• English required. French or other European languages an asset.
• Experience of transformational change across data, business process and technology
• Knowledge and application of accounting concepts within a Financial Institution.
• Detailed oriented and unyielding on accuracy and timeliness.
• Independent – able to manage with limited supervision but escalate appropriately
No sponsorship provided