Senior Software Engineer - Permanent Role - Competitive Salary + Benefits
You will be a key player in your team designing and delivering solutions that solve complex business
and technical challenges using industry best practices for quality, security and performance.
• Day to day you will be coding Stories with your team to deliver the Sprint goal.
• You will work closely with your Product Owner to understand customer requirements and contribute to the Epics and Stories that become deliverable features.
• You will balance product delivery with technical excellence by proposing technical Stories that help your team meet our departmental technical goals.
• During the Sprint you’ll be coding your own Stories and helping less experienced engineers through pair programming, code review and coaching.
• You will be developing solutions to complex technical problems that you will review with your own team and our Architects.
• You’ll also be working on cross-team deliverables, collaborating with engineers from other teams because as a Senior we offer you the opportunity to work with multiple teams.
• Where needed, you will have the opportunity to work directly with 3rd party engineers when integrating their APIs into our services.
• As well as coding you will be actively participating in your team’s Agile events: Refinement, Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective and daily Stand-ups.
• Outside your team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to cross prod/dev activities to improve our department wide tooling, working practices and standards.
• As a Senior Engineer you’ll be providing technical direction and leadership within your own team and across prod/dev by contributing to our active internal developer community.
• You’ll also be able to write blog posts which we’ll publish on our external tech blog.
The Tech Stack:
We use a modern technology stack which we review and update frequently.
Here’s a flavour of what we have right now:
• Languages: Java 11.
• Microservices: Spring, Spring Boot , REST APIs, Kafka.
• Containers/Deployment: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
• Cloud: GCP, Terraform, Helm.
• Data: Oracle, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Vertica.
• Testing: Junit, Spock, Pact, Postman.
• Build/Deploy: Jenkins, Gradle.