KYC Subject Matter Expert (SME) - x4 - Glasgow/Leeds – 6 Months
We are seeking a KYC - SME for a contract position to join one of the Big 4 Consultancy firms in the heart of London.
Strong financial background? Strong experiences in KYC, AML, and FC?
See below for this great new opportunity!
The SME is required to utilize knowledge and expertise to support the completion of the remediation of client KYC files. They are responsible for providing SME input as required to a team of analysts, to ensure files are completed to the regulatory standard, and that business processes and policies are adhered to and correctly applied throughout the process. They will be responsible for completing quality control review and accreditation of the file completion of the managed service function
• Quality control review of remediated client KYC files
• Provide ongoing and ad hoc SME guidance and support to file build analysts
• Review and assessment of associated AML documentation
• Assessment of client identification & verification documentation
• Identification & escalation of suspicious activity
• Review and constructively challenge the operations internal processes to drive continuous improvement
• Provide feedback on client files and decision-making processes to file build analysts
• Maintain awareness of regulatory risk/landscape and use this awareness to flag issues of importance to the operation
• Build constructive and collaborative working relationships with teams both on and offshore
• Understanding of KYC (Know Your Customer), AML (Anti Money Laundering) & Sanctions, and Financial Crime (FC) Fundamentals with a minimum of three years experience of working in an FCA regulated environment
• Minimum of one year experience of working in an operational environment
• General knowledge of FC guidance and appropriate regulation
• Using analytical and problem-solving skills on technically challenging cases
• Ability to communicate effectively in a concise and technically accurate manner, and to articulate complex messages in both written and verbal communication
• Proven experience of working in a role where attention to detail is critical
• Ability to work successfully in a target driven environment
• Performance of quality control function
• Application of systems-based remediation platforms and portals