Fund Accountant - Luxembourg - Hybrid
The applicant will possess relevant accounting experience in real estate / Private Equity. The successful candidate will have the ability to establish personal credibility with both external clients and internal needs, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and work well with fellow team members; while planning, prioritizing and coordinating their workload to ensure critical deadlines are met. The applicant will be able to add value by delivering high-quality work and be able to overcome issues and challenges to ensure timely delivery proactively.
The applicant should have demonstrated financial analytical skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information, and comprehend advanced accounting topics. The applicant must be able to offer logical and innovative solutions to complex issues
The position requires a highly motivated individual with extensive accounting experience with Real Estate / Private Equity investments, fund accounting and fair value financial reporting. The applicant will work with the Manager and other professional staff on a variety of investment-level and fund-level matters. The position reports directly to the Manager and Director of Accounting.
What will you do?
- Monthly / Quarterly Accounting – Establish detailed operating reports
- Perform complete accounting recognition for acquisitions and dispositions
- Perform analysis, make recommendations, and prepare responses on accounting matters
- Provide Ad hoc financial expertise as required.
- Deliver clear, accurate figures and support to our clients
- Responsible that all internal procedures(includes ISAE3402) are properly applied and respected
- Monitor and ensure that all deadlines are met as agreed in the Operating Memorandum
- Financial statement review, analysis, and preparation
- Prepare confidential and technical financial reports
- Year End Audit Coordination - Interface with external auditors and tax preparers and be responsible for all phases of the annual financial audit, including coordination of audit work papers Understand
- Coordinate with auditors and provide full support for audit/review of financial statements
- Participate in client team meetings, representing Fund Accounting Re/Pe Operations
- Readily shares information with other departments involved in the NAV calculation
- Ensure proper dedicated expertise on accounting topics (should also include Limited Partnership know-how and expertise)
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- strong communication skills (written, oral and graphic) and research abilities
- Professional, detail-oriented self-starter and team player that is able to work well independently, as well as with others. Must be able to multitask and pick up tasks quickly.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Strong GAAP accounting background
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- This specialist also needs to have expertise in Real Estate / Private Equity funds.
- Ability to deal with new complex products
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Framework / Investran or comparable software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word