London - Hybrid
£300 - £350 per day
FUND ACCOUNTING FINANCIAL REPORTING CONSULTANT
Role Overview The Global Fund Services business is one of the fastest growing areas for our client offering a comprehensive suite of fund products and services to Asset Managers worldwide.
The role is within their growing UK Fund Accounting team which looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients.
You will have the chance to work within a centralised Financial Reporting oversight team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the oversight and sign off of all client’s Report & Accounts and distributions whereby the production of these functions is located in another jurisdiction.
- To oversee, review & sign off the timely production financial accounts and other reporting deliverables produced by of another jurisdiction’s UT, OEIC, ACS, CAIF and Investment Trust and CIF interim and final report and accounts. This will include sign-off of XD working papers, distribution rates and proofing of SORP accounts to the required SORP and accounting standard.d.
- Communicate professionally & effectively with other Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
- To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
- Continually assess the oversight team’s processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool.
-The applicant should currently hold a senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
- As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams however, additional accounting qualifications are expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client’s deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise.
-A good knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, OEICs, ACS and CIFs i.e. COLL, and the most recent IA SORP.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS accounting, along with the regulations pertaining to Investment Trusts is also preferable.
Please contact Sarah Doan-Gill firstname.lastname@example.org