Senior consolidation accountant
What is the opportunity?
The applicant will possess significant relevant financial consolidation experience ideally within Real Estate / Private Equity. The successful candidate will have the ability to establish personal credibility with both external clients and internal needs, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and work well with fellow team members; while planning, prioritizing and coordinating their workload to ensure critical deadlines are met. The applicant will be able to add value by delivering high quality work and be able to proactively overcome issues and challenges to ensure timely delivery.
The applicant should have demonstrated financial analytical skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information, and comprehend advanced accounting topics. The applicant must be able to work with minimal supervision, possess good project management skills and be able to offer logical and innovative solutions to complex issues
The position requires a highly motivated individual with extensive financial and accounting experience with Real Estate / Private Equity investments, fund accounting and fair value financial reporting. The applicant will work with the Manager and other professional staff on a variety of investments level and fund level matters. The position reports directly to the Manager and/or Director of Accounting.
What will you do?
- Consolidation of financial data including from subsidiaries and joint venture entities
- Provide financial expertise to subsidiaries, JV’s or within the Company
- Understand client expectations and be force of proposal
- Perform analysis, make recommendations, prepare responses on consolidation matters
- Provide Ad hoc financial expertise as required.
- Deliver clear, accurate figures and support to our clients
- Monitor and ensure that all deadlines are met as agreed in the Operating Memorandum
- Financial statement review, analysis, and preparation
- Prepare confidential and technical financial reports
- Coordinate with auditors and provide full support for audit/review of consolidated financial statements
- Lead and participate in client team meetings, representing Fund Accounting Re/Pe Operations
- In charge of migrations and setup of new Funds
- Be internally a contact point for any accounting issues
- Readily shares information with other departments involved in the NAV calculation
- Ensure proper dedicated expertise on accounting topics (should also includes Limited Partnership know how and expertise)
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Between 2 to 10 years in a similar position with hands-on experience in UK/US markets
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and graphic) and research abilities
- Professional, detail-oriented self-starter and team player that is able to work well independently, as well as with others. Must be able to multi-task and pick up tasks quickly.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Strong GAAP accounting background.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- Ability to deal with new complex products
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in Real Estate / Private Equity funds
- Knowledge in IFRS
- Experience in SAP FC / Yardi / Framework / Investran or comparable software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word