Senior Java Developer – Zug, Switzerland
Has your long-term dream been to work and live in Switzerland?
Are you looking for a country surrounded by beautiful landscapes, clean air, and have a great work-life balance?
Now is the chance to make that move and join my client based right in the city centre of Zug!
My client has been established for 30 years and since has expanded their clientele globally, supplying finance processing programs to various major companies.
For their growing software development team, we are looking for an experienced Java Developer focused on development and maintenance of business solutions using Java technologies.
• Analyse, design and implement business requirements using Java technologies
• Integrate software solutions within the existing systems
• Investigate code defects
• Refine requirements and documentation with a technical perspective
• Liaise with the testing team to help with test plans and data configuration
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing Java based applications
• Deep knowledge of Software Design Patterns and Object-Oriented Principles
• Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL
• Very good understanding of Spring framework, Hibernate or JPA, and JMS
• Good working knowledge of Maven
Nice to have technical skills and experience
• Experience working with HTML 5
• MS SQL database experience
• Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), creating and maintaining unit tests
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Good English communication skills
• Ability to interpret requirements and technical specification documents
• Flexible attitude with the ability to perform under pressure
• Proactive and a self-starter
• Team player with experience working in a small team
• Multicultural sensitivity/awareness
• High standard and modern working environment
• Centrally located offices in Zug, close to the train station (20 mins from Zurich)
• Global client base
• Flat organization structure and short decision-making processes
• Multicultural & dynamic team with cross-functional roles
• Continuous professional development
• Various employee benefits; high pension fund contribution, Office Massage etc.