Senior SQL Developer
Skillfinder is currently recruiting for a Senior SQL Developer to join a global investment bank based in Prague on a permanent basis in London.
You must be based in the Czech Republic in order to work remotely.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements.
You will be joining a small team of 5 and will be working closely with the Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions.
• Analyse new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
• Take responsibility and ownership of new feature development
• Document designs and communicate them with the team
• Work on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation, and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
• Focus on good code quality and high-test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
• Design and implement applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contribute to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays, to develop new or enhance existing systems
• Either of DB technologies: MS SQL, Maria, Aurora or PostgreSQL
• Migration of database technologies to cloud (AWS, Snowflake, Redshift or other)
• Scripting (shell, Python)
• Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• Development and agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, TeamCity and Agile Central.
• DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management, and other software development practices
• SQL development including experience of designing, optimising and maintaining a transactional system.
• Database performance tuning, database queries optimisation, writing efficient functions, stored procedures and complex database queries.
• Data modelling
Please contact me to have a confidential chat about this opportunity along with your CV.