Systems Engineer – Prague
• Daily operation of mission critical server infrastructure
• Implementing security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
• Proposing new methods for operations whilst demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits
• Collaborating with technical teams on delivery chain(e.g., development, application operations, networks, datacenter, san, global security)
• Automating infrastructure delivery using industry standard tools
• Creation of procedural documentation (Operational handbook)
• Active participation in agile team ceremonies
• Participation in On-Call rotation
• University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in system engineering in critical environments with RedHat and VMware portfolio (e.g., RHEL, Satellite, LVM, RHDS, Ansible, vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, DRS, vMotion, FT, HA).
• 5+ years of experience with automation scripting (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, RestAPI, Jenkins).
• 3+ years of experience with HP iLO.
• Good understanding of web related and routing protocols
• Cohesive and clear active communication skills
Nice to have:
• Profound experience with Everything as Code approach (e.g., Ansible, vCenter RestAPI, Hashi Vault, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform)
• Profound understanding on RHEL systems administration in highly critical regulated mission critical environments
• Profound understanding on VMware (e.g., vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, RDM, NSX, DRS, Snapshot, vMotion, FT, HA)
• Good understanding of containerization concept with Kubernetes/OpenShift
• Hands-on experience with monitoring/logging/alerting tools (e.g., ELK, TICK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie, CheckMK)
• Hands-on experience with SAN/NAS solutions
• Hands-on experience in GlusterFS
• Work experience with Agile frameworks (KanBan/Scrum)