Cloud Back End Developer in Risk IT – Pricing Services - Contract role - Prague
We are working with a leading global market infrastructure provider.
You will be working in a culture with high standards, freedom and responsibility. They encourage ownership, independent decision making and bias to action. They are curious, move fast, and share information and feedback broadly. Being a part of this group gives you many opportunities for personal development and career growth through trainings, mentoring and talent programs.
The Risk IT - Pricing Services team builds and maintains Market Data Hub (MDH), a young application used by their Market Operations team to perform critical tasks related to pricing financial instruments. MDH is built using cloud-native principles, utilising a modern technology stack with an experienced team behind it.
We are looking for a Back End Developer for Market Data Hub and new cloud-native pricing applications designed in the coming years.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
• Stay up to date on technology and help improve processes and culture
Required skills/qualification - You should possess and demonstrate the following:
• Programming competency: Java (C++ knowledge beneficial)
• Background in building distributed applications on Linux or in a cloud native stack
• Familiarity with SQL databases (PostgreSQL, ORACLE, MySQL)
• A degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or equivalent experience
• An appreciation of the challenges of building, running and servicing a minimum downtime production system used in critical environments
• Interest and ability to learn, collaborative working style
• Very good written and spoken English skills
Preferred skills/qualifications – the following skills will be a plus:
• Experience with developing cloud native and 12factor applications
• Experience with containers and container orchestration (we use both OpenShift and upstream Kubernetes)
• DevOps experience with GitHub, Kustomize, CI/CD (Circle or similar)
• An interest or background in financial markets and risk management
Additionally, you need to be a team player with a sense of humour, good communication and collaboration skills, highly motivated and flexible.
We would be happy to meet you and discuss what we are working on, and what we can offer you in terms of opportunities, benefits, and career prospects.