DevOps Engineer - Cork, Ireland - Permanent Opportunity
Are you looking to work with state-of-the-art technology?
To work on exciting and challenging projects?
A chance to work in an international team environment?
Look no further, I may have the role for you!
You will be part of a dynamic, committed, high performance team to deliver the business need in solid, efficient and timely manner. If you strive to take ownership and develop creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, and like to work in a challenging and lively environment – then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
- Design and implement automated solutions to improve development, testing and deployment processes using Bash, Python, Gradle and CI/CD pipelines.
- Working with a team on the evolution of a containerized solution for a Data platform. (OpenShift / Docker / Podman / Jenkins / Groovy)
- Maintain existing and create new Jenkins pipelines to support application testing, security testing, configuration and deployment. (Jenkins/Groovy)
- Update and maintain CI/CD tools. (Jenkins/GitHub/OpenShift)
- Actively participate with the wider team to help promote and develop automated solutions. Helping teams utilize these solutions providing technical guidance.
- Exploring how we can use new technology to bring the team to next level.
- Maintaining an acceptance test environment, supporting BAT teams. Investigating and resolving technical issues on Data Warehouse and Data Platform tech stack.
- Implementing and maintaining Gradle based test automation framework for functional, regression and technical testing.
- University degree in Computer Science or similar, technical subject
- Minimum 2 or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with build and test automation tools. (Gradle / Groovy / Python)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps concepts.
- Experience with Jenkins and Groovy.
- Know-how of cloud platforms GCP / AWS / Azure.
- Experience with containerization technology and associated tools. (OpenShift / Docker / Podman)
- Proficient with version control such as: Git, GitHub or GitLab
- Proven coding and scripting skills (Python, Bash, Groovy, Scala, Java)
- Experience supporting BAT teams and BAT test environments.