FINANCIAL ANALYST / 12 MONTH CONTRACT / LUXEMBOURG
- 12 month CDD contract
- Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- Hybrid working
What is the opportunity?
My client in the banking sector, is seeking a Financial Analyst to provide full life-cycle accounting and support for a Real Estate / Private Equity investment Fund and a portfolio of Investment positions.
We are looking for someone who can oversee all accounting and financial reporting functions for a mutual, a pension or a private equity fund. This expert ensures that a fund's financial statements are accurate and comply with fund policies, industry practices, accounting principles and regulatory standards.
The position requires a highly motivated individual with extensive financial and accounting experience with Real Estate / Private Equity investments, fund accounting and fair value financial reporting. The candidate must have the ability to work independently and be able to quickly assume the duties of the position. The Financial Analyst will be involved with all day to day accounting functions and financial reporting for a private Real Estate / Private Equity investment Fund. The Financial analyst will work with the Manager and other professional staff on a variety of investments level and fund level matters. The position reports directly to the Manager and/or Director of Accounting.
What will you do?
A Financial Analyst responsibilities include:
- Monthly Accounting - Perform detailed review of monthly operating reports for each of the Fund’s investments and direct external parties involved on accounting matters
- Quarterly Reporting – Control quarterly reports to investors including full financial statements, footnotes and other financial performance information
- Perform complete controller function for acquisitions and dispositions
- Adequate and effective internal controls, policies and mechanisms around a fund's financial reporting processes to prevent losses due to theft, fraud, technology malfunction or human error
- An adequate policy lists in detail instructions for task performance and problem reporting.
- Complete financial records include four data summaries: a statement of financial position, a statement of profit and loss, a statement of cash flows and a statement of shareholders' / Partners equity.
- Year End Audit Coordination - Interface with external auditors and tax preparers and be responsible for all phases of the annual financial audit, including coordination of audit work papers and remedy significant problems or control weaknesses that auditors detect.
- Assist the accounting team in the continued improvement of the business' information system platform
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Manager and Director. This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong analytical and organisational skills required.
- strong communication skills (written, oral and graphic) and research abilities
- Professional, detail oriented self starter and team player that is able to work well independently, as well as with others. Must be able to multi-task and pick up tasks quickly.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Strong GAAP accounting background.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- This specialist also needs to have expertise in Real Estate / Private Equity funds.
- Between 2 to 10 years in a similar position with hand-on experience on UK/US specificities
- Ability to deal with new complex products
- Fluent in English and French
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word PURPOSE
• In charge of Accounts Payable (invoices, expense claims) for European entities
• In charge of ensuring appropriate accounting treatment (expense, capitalisation, prepayment)
• Providing timely and accurate feedback to in-house and external stakeholders
• In charge of periodic reporting to be sent to management or other departments of the Bank
• Reconciles monthly accounting and financial data,
• Participation in projects in relation to systems, processes and controls,
• Ensures timely escalation of issues to the management ,
• Participates in the production of key process indicators related to business performance.
• Is in regular contact with external provider and various department of the Bank
• Degree in finance or accounting (BAC +3/+5),
• 5+ years experience in a Finance, accounting, financial planning & analysis, revenue assurance and/or pricing role in a similar business environment,
• Good knowledge of finance, bank accounting, financial analysis
• Good level of English (written and oral) and French, other language is an asset.
• Attention to detail to ensure data integrity,
• Ability to work on tight timelines,
• Must be able to deal autonomously with a variety of issues on a concurrent basis,
• Ability to work as a team player,
• Ability to follow up open points until resolution
• Capacity to work under pressure and prioritise,
• Analytical and organisational skills,
• Good collaboration and communication skills.
• Good Knowledge of Funds industry and Banking environment
• Good knowledge of IFRS standards,
• Good knowledge of computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook),
• Good knowledge of enterprise tools (SAP4hana, Coupa, Concur,…).
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
• This role is expected to operate reasonably independently, with limited oversight and guidance.
• Accuracy and timeliness of reports and analysis.
• Accountable for deadlines.