Head of BI & DATA
The Head of Data & Business Intelligence is accountable for identifying, shaping and delivering a Business Intelligence and Analytics strategy that delivers incremental business benefits using analytics, modelling and BI systems for the business.
The role is responsible for transforming them into a business that differentiates and competes on data driven insight and analytics; enabling the business to optimise their strategic decision-making.
This role will establish and execute a strategy for Business Intelligence and decision optimisation that will ensure that the business is supplied with everything from basic historical reporting to advance and embedded analytical solutions that enables decision optimisation.
Reporting to the IT Director you will have a rich and complex data set at your disposal, which you and your team will leverage to deliver actionable KPIs that track our performance; and improve various areas of business.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Build a Business Intelligence strategy and function to deliver accelerated growth across the business areas
- Build the BI and analytics strategic and roadmap planning, Improving business capability and BI technical capability
- Build the reporting of financial modelling that provides a single set of reports available in near real time
- Head up our small data team and continue to build out and improve the company's data architecture, reporting and analytical capabilities
- Responsibility of data standards, analytical methodologies including econometric modelling, predictive modelling, segmentation, reporting, customer analytics and descriptive statistics
- Work alongside the business departments to build and support the alignment of performance KPIs through self-service dashboards. Providing timely and consistent data, clearly visualised
- Influence executive members and other business leaders to accept and adopt ideas and analytical solutions
- Ensure regular and frequent release of new self-service reporting capabilities to the key business areas
- Build an influential relationship with the Marketing team to optimise investment between channels to maximise return on investment
- Build an influential relationship with the Product team to optimise with funnel conversion rates, product uptake, and results of experiments
- Lead the team to iteratively improve data capability and data architecture to support the BI mission
- Foster a data-informed approach
Your profile – Have you got what it takes to become our Head of Data & Business Intelligence?
- A wealth of experience either in analytics, business intelligence or Senior IT data role
- Several years' experience of successfully leading and coaching analytical teams
- Excellent understanding of consumer online business processes
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Ability to transform data into action
- Extensive expertise in data modelling, both logical and physical
- Able to simplify complex domains and communicate easily
- Experience of building up analytics teams and business intelligence organisations from the ground up.