Technical Architecture – Java developer
What the team is working on:
As part of the multi-year PMDS / R7 initiative, the Strategic Planning & Architecture team is defining the architecture for Eurex' ambitious new risk and market data management platform.
Based on a portable, modern microservice architecture, R7 will replace critical Risk systems, including Prisma, over the coming years and architectural integrity is paramount.
Who we’re looking for:
First and foremost, you’re somebody who gets excited about technology and still wants – needs – to learn. Technology dogmatists need not apply. We focus on the person behind the skills when we recruit, but from a practical point-of-view, there are some hard skill requirements, and you must be able to check all these boxes to be considered:
Mandatory skills and experiences
· A minimum of two years commercial experience developing software in Java.
· At least a basic understanding of the DevOps / SRE approach to designing and operating
· An understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
· An understanding of microservices and service-oriented architectures
· Working proficiency and communication skills in English
· Motivation to work in a cross functional team within an agile working style
Technologies we use:
· CI/CD (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD)
· gRPC, Protobuf
· Red Hat Open Shift
· Istio Service Mesh
If you have any of the following, that’s a nice bonus:
· Hands-on experience building cloud native solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
· Demonstrable experience of programming with Java in a real-world application of substantial size,
whether commercial or hobby.
· Knowledge of financial markets (bonds, equities, interest rate swaps, futures, options)