MI Manager (Excel VBA) - 6-months Contract - London
We are seeking a MI (Management Information) Manager for a 6-months contract (with the possibility of extension) situated in the heart of London!
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with one of the BIG 4 Consultancy firms!
Role and Responsibilities
• Work within the Performance Reporting team to support the effective delivery of a range of daily, weekly and monthly reports to key stakeholders and clients.
• Support the Performance Reporting team to migrate all manual reports into automated solutions by offering guidance with the scope, design, documentation, and implementation phases of the project.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and data to enable key stakeholders to make informed decisions based on robust data and operational insight. Oversee the transition of ad-hoc analysis into long-term reporting capabilities.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders and clients to continuously create, maintain and develop the reporting suite by building trusted relationships with key MI client contacts.
• Proactively identify any data gaps and translate technical issues into practical solutions by thoroughly understanding the relationship between business processes and the data model. Work closely with stakeholders and end-users to resolve process issues and implement technical solutions.
• Review all reporting capabilities to identify any skills and knowledge gaps within the Performance Reporting team. Develop clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all team members and build resilience within the team to ensure all reporting capabilities are delivered and a consistent MI service is achieved across all contracts.
• Review resourcing needs within the team and highlight any resourcing risks to senior management.
• Assess the need for and implement organizational tools, such as issues and risk logs to build efficiencies within the team. Be the point of escalation for issues within the Performance Reporting team and work with clients and other workstreams to assist with the resolution of these.
• Manage data quality to protect the integrity and data accuracy of all reports issued by the Performance Reporting team. Review the reporting processes to make sure the reporting suite has a robust set of multi-tenant data checks minimizing the risk of data breaches.
• Ensure the team is working within the guidelines of the IPP of each client contract.
• Be responsible for the joiners, movers, and leavers process within the team and periodically review all access lists for the Performance Reporting team.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in a reporting development role, including work within a Management Information or Business Intelligence team in an operational support environment.
- Proven leadership ability and prior experience in managing a team within a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of agile ways of working.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel reporting to include macros, pivot tables, and advanced functions.
- Proven experience in interactive dashboards design and creation in Power BI is an essential.
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and querying using T-SQL.
- An understanding of SSIS processes is preferable but not essential.
- Proven ability to get to grips with different data architectures and schemas is vital as well as the ability to explain these concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in gathering business requirements to achieve reporting objectives.
- Demonstrate strong relationship building and communication skills with both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Have strong data manipulation and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work effectively within a remote working environment.