QI Tax Expert, Luxembourg
The tax expert will play a key role within the Luxembourg based Tax Operations team to ensure regulatory compliance with the FATCA, CRS and QI regulations, to implement constant improvements within operational processes and to apply a consistently client centric approach in all tasks performed.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Reconciliation of US sourced income payments received from various paying agents and sub-custodians versus US sourced payments made to clients.
2. Investigation of US tax technical queries, including those related to corporate actions and special events.
3. Investigation and resolution of US tax related cash breaks.
4. Data maintenance and tax adjustments in the custody systems.
5. Performance of plausibility controls and follow up on QI reportable data.
6. Creation and filing of US QI 1042 and 1042-S reports.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
1. Well organized and punctual.
2. Highly analytical and with a critical-thinking mindset.
3. Goal oriented.
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Minimum 5 years of experience working in tax.
7. Knowledge of FATCA, CRS and QI, with the key strength on US QI.
8. Very good MS office knowledge – in particular very good Excel knowledge.
9. Sound knowledge of the banking and investment fund sector, including legal and fund types.
10. Knowledge of different income types and their tax treatment for US withholding tax purposes.