Solution Architect, Leading Investment Management Company, London, Hybrid, Competitive Salary and Leading Bonus + Benefits
My client, a Leading Investment Management company are looking for a Solution Architect with significant Azure experience to embark on an unprecedented transformation journey over the next 3-5 years. This is s truly great opportunity to work for a great Bank which prides itself on culture and not being as slow and ineffective as the beauracratic behemoth Banks.
We are looking for someone with strong technical aptitude as well as good stakeholder skills as well, someone who can take complex technical concepts and simplify them for the layman. Someone both pragmatic and able to deal with some ambiguity, someone who is able to work both strategically and tactically.
Within this role, you will be:
• Working with project teams to design solution architecture based on requirements as well as working with those team to deliver those solutions.
• Providing guidance and advice where needed within the department
• Conducting technology and project reviews for Architecture assurance and governance, ensuring alignment to architecture policy and practices
• Maximising the alignment and leverage reuse of technology
• Deliver or contribute to strategy, principles and roadmaps for your IWI
• Defining and govern product and technology standards
• Using standardised tools and approach to documenting enterprise architecture to ensure consistency across the teams
• Actively promote and embed ways of working and due governance, whilst still taking a pragmatic approach
• Providing support during technology decision making activities
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of both high and low level design, ideally across multiple solutions areas
• Good experience around integration
• Experience of solution design in the cloud space technology, esp Azure (desirable)
• Experience of developing migration frameworks for migrating applications to cloud
• Ability to be both technically minded but also a great stakeholder manager, and able to simplify technical concepts
• Working knowledge of architecture: concepts, practices and tools
• Proven ability to deliver architecture in a large-scale fast-moving dynamic environment
• Have developed strategies and gained approval via senior stakeholder engagement
• Knowledge of Azure services (desirable)