Test Engineer - contract role 6 -12 months
A contract position, as a Test Engineer with a competitive day rate plus a brand new modern office layout located in centre of Cork.
The Test Engineer defines and creates test cases from functional specifications. Interprets, executes and documents complex test procedures, reviews results and reports on progress.
Task and responsibilities
Creation of test plans:
• Identify/define how testing for the project will be conducted.
• Define what exactly will be tested and how.
• Prepare and document any set up work needed for specific testing, i.e. Data preparation for specific scenario tests, writing of test cases in HP ALM.
Mandatory skills and experiences
• Familiarity with translating business/functional requirements into test cases.
• Knowledge of test case preparation and/or test execution tasks
• 3-5 + years QA experience, experience in a Banking/Securities environment would be a distinct advantage
• Good documentation skills
• Excellent inter-personal interaction and communication skills.
• Understanding of software testing and quality assurance methodologies
• Knowledge of the following is an advantage:
o Quality Centre/ALM
o Automated Testing