Our Global Financial Organisation client, based in Canary Wharf, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure & Security Support.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: VMware Horizon View VDI multi-node clusters etc.;
- Server Infrastructure: Microsoft Hyper-V multi-node clusters & VMware nodes providing virtualization services to a range of server operating systems (incl. MS Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, Linux) alongside support of server applications (eg MS Exchange, MS SQL etc.) and line of business applications (eg GBST Syn~, Broadridge CMP etc.);
- Storage: Dell EqualLogic, EMC Unity SANs, iSCSI, Commvau
- Network & Voice: Routers, Firewalls (Security, NAT, ACLs, Zones, VPN), Switches (LAN connectivity, port security, L2/L3 VLANs), Unified Call Manager, ISP, MPLS; and
- Communication equipment: Cisco Call Manager, VoIP & FoIP Servers by Cisco/Equisys Zetafax, ISP, and offsite Co-Location datacentre environments (Daisy).
- Virtualised VMS;
- STP message interfaces: FTP, Swift, FIX protocol; and
- Business Applications: GBST Syn, Broadridge CMP, SWIFT.
Tasks will include;
To manage, monitor and provide evidence/reporting on:
Completion success of automated process (eg database housekeeping and backups, application end of day process and reporting etc);
Alerts from systems (eg intruder/malware/AV detection, data integrity monitoring systems (FIM/SIEM), disk space nearing limits, etc.) with appropriate record keeping and responses and any internal Reporting/escalation where required;
Providing temporary access for third party support companies to business application together with maintenance of associated evidence records;
Receipt, testing and installation of patches and upgrades from third party suppliers; and
Roll-out implementation of upgrades to internal applications as directed.
To run start and/or end of day IT operational processes (including data back-up and archiving processes) on various business and database applications.
Technical support for internal users and external clients providing support covering relevant systems in operation across the Business.
To implement system access requests for new/existing/departing users together with periodic checks to ensure validity of live user set up with associated evidence records.
Administrative tasks incl. updating documentation, system architecture diagrams, procedures & contract documentation/renewals. Technical/support tickets with external support providers/ISPs.
Plus, a competitive daily rate!
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!