Manual Tester - Cork, Ireland - 3 Months Extendable Contract
Creation of test plans:
- Identify/define how testing for the project will be conducted.
- Define what exactly will be tested and how.
- Prepare and document any set up work needed for specific testing, i.e. Data preparation for specific scenario tests, writing of test cases in HP ALM.
- Execute tests as documented in the test case.
- Log defects and work with Developers to resolve.
- Retest and close defects when they have been resolved.
- Work closely with Business Analyst, Development, Project Manager and Business end users to achieve timely resolution of issues that arise during the project.
- Gather high quality, efficient test results and log detailed specific defects.
- Maintain QA processes in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Perform Regression tests:
- Ensure all regression scripts are kept up to date in accordance with specified functionality.
- Update regression documentation when new functionality is released.
- Execute regression test cases as part of the overall build process.
Mandatory skills and experiences
- Familiarity with translating business/functional requirements into test cases.
- Knowledge of test case preparation and/or test execution tasks
- 3 + years QA experience,
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal interaction and communication skills.
- Understanding of software testing and quality assurance methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT related field.
- Experience in a Banking/Securities environment would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the following is an advantage: JIRA XRAY