Support Analyst - Capital Markets
Contract - London - Hybrid
6 Months +
Inside IR35 Introduction
For a leading custodian bank with offices globally, we are seeking a Support Analyst with a background in the Brokerage / Sec Finance sector.
You will be joining my client's global production support team, responsible for day-to-day production regional support for Capital Markets Brokerage trading Applications across the globe (APAC, EMEA and North America) for various Capital Market applications.
• Candidate will be responsible to provide L2/L2.5 Support activities, Monitor and work collaboratively with other members of the global team, managing their day to day work and ensuring that all business queries / escalations are responded to in a timely manner.
• Candidate should be able to work with Business partners to analyse and resolve their queries and ensure compliance to all controlled processes according to business and IT requirement.
• Candidate should have the knack to troubleshoot (review, analyse) production issues and use their team members and managers help to resolve issues that cannot be resolved independently.
• Incident detection, root-cause investigation, problem management (ITIL)
• Aim to grow into a subject matter expert on the business side of the application
• Trading applications administration, change management, implementation, maintenance, compliance review
• Handling application malfunctions (e.g. input issues, EOD issue, data backup issue, MQ issue, reporting and blotter issues etc.)
• Executing Lean programs that ensures less incidents are created and emphasis on resolving issues at root level
• Assistance in Metrics and audit reporting
• Create regular status reports to management on application status and other metrics.
• 8-10+ years of experience in a technical business facing (face to face) role within a financial institution or similar preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required – Ability to speak to traders confidently
• In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required – Brokerage / Sec Finance
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with a solid technical background are essential as is the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate can explain technical issues in layman’s terms and translate business needs to technology teams and back.
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle
• Ability to manage multiple issues in parallel and adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience working in Onsite/Offshore model in particular supporting APAC, UK and US business lines
• Experience in incident management, understanding of ticket workflows and use of escalation. Experience with ServiceNow/ITIL Methodologies is mandatory.
• Problem resolution in an analytical and logical manner, to troubleshoot root cause and resolve production incidents.
• Works closely with other technology teams such as Development, Vendors, Infrastructure and other software support teams.
• FIX Messaging/Format experience
• Expert / Extensive Knowledge of SQL is required to assist own teams during debug.
o Oracle/MS SQL/ Sybase
• Good to have, Scripting and automation (Python, Perl, PowerShell)
• Middleware, MQ/Tibco, Weblogic
• FLEXTRADE OMS – Good to have
• Java /.Net experience is mandatory but good to have – Ability to read and understand code
• HP Site scope, CA Introscope and Patrol monitoring tools. Power BI, Service Now reporting tools