Senior IT Project Consultant - Linux Administrator
Contract - 8 Months Initial
Hybrid Working - Luxembourg
Day Rate - €500 - €600 per day (depending on experience)
Industry - Financial Services
Working for an industry leader in the custodian banking sector, we are seeking 2 Senior Linux Administrators to join and contribute to a large scale migration project whereby our client is moving a whole set of applications from Solaris to Linux.
You should therefore possess the following skills/experience:
• Strong experience in managing Linux based environments ideally RHEL 7 and 8
• Understanding of middleware and database technologies such as MQSeries, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle and MSSQL database
• Basic understanding of network technologies (DNS, Firewalls)
• Good knowledge of shell scripting on Solaris and Linux
• Awareness and practical experience with Service Management processes (incident mgmt etc.)
• Proven problem management and resolution skills essential
• Experience with Monitoring tools, preferably Geneos.
• Excellent command of English is mandatory, French and/or German are an added value.
Key duties include:
• Support the migration of a whole set of applications from Solaris to Linux
• Adapt and implement proper monitoring
• Create or adapt scripts to help with the setup of test environments or deployment of software changes
• Document the implemented approach and ensure proper knowledge transfer to the team
Please Note - Only EU candidates, or those with a VALID work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for the role.
Cross-Border working is NOT permitted - candidates must be in Luxembourg or close to the border i.e. France, Belgium & Germany, even for remote work.