Senior Test Engineer
Task and responsibilities:
Creation of test plans:
• Identify/define how testing for the project will be conducted.
• Define what exactly will be tested and how.
• Prepare and document any set up work needed for specific testing, i.e. Data preparation for specific scenario tests, writing of test cases in HP ALM.
• Execute tests as documented in the test case.
• Log defects and work with Developers to resolve.
• Retest and close defects when they have been resolved.
• Work closely with Business Analyst, Development, Project Manager and Business end users to achieve timely resolution of issues that arise during the project.
• Gather high quality, efficient test results and log detailed specific defects.
• Maintain QA processes in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Perform Regression tests:
• Ensure all regression scripts are kept up to date in accordance with specified functionality.
• Update regression documentation when new functionality is released.
• Execute regression test cases as part of the overall build process.
Mandatory skills and experiences:
• At least 3 years testing experience
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT related field.
• Familiarity with translating business/functional requirements into test cases.
• Knowledge of test case preparation and test execution tasks
• QA experience in a Banking/Securities environment would be a distinct advantage
• Good documentation skills
• Excellent inter-personal interaction and communication skills.
• Understanding of software testing and quality assurance methodologies